Saw a fun post by Courtney over at Women Living Well and it inspired me to write something similar. Thanks Courtney!
So, here goes dear reader.
10. I am starting the list off with something I am not fond of, so bear with me - ha! I am not a tv football fan. After nearly 15 years of constant football Thursday through Monday during the months of Aug through January, I can barely stomach tv football. I would MUCH rather see a football game live. I did sit in the room with my children (who were interested in the game) and watch the commercials. That is, when I could be bothered to look up from my crocheting. The commercials were largely disappointing -- some, inappropriate. But then, what can be expected when you have the Super Bowl on, right?
Why this pic on my list? Regardless of your stance on the deflation controversy, the good call/bad call argument or football in general: this is a great photo. Maybe this is a great photo because of all those things.
9. If you know me IRL, the fact that peppermint coffee creamer made the list, comes as no surprise. I don't usually do store-bought coffee creamer, but I occasionally make an exception for this yummy concoction.
8. My wooden handled crochet needles. I promise, I am not an 80 year old woman. But I truly enjoy crocheting. Last night, The Affectionate One and I watched YouTube videos on how to crochet a slouchy hat, boot cuffs and a cute shrug for her. Good times.
7. My slippers. I love slippers in the winter. These have got to be my most favorite of all time. Even if they are upside down at the moment.
6. This Bible cover was a birthday gift. I've often looked at them and either decided that either they looked cheap or they cost too much. Seriously, I am offended every time I see a decent Bible or Bible cover and it costs $49.99 + if ya want a really nice one. It's like price gouging at the Christian bookstore. "OOOO! Here comes a Christian! Let's charge an arm and a leg for everything that pertains to only them!" So, I never purchased one on my own. So glad that someone was kind enough to gift me with one. And, dang, it's cute!
5. Another sweet soul sent me a Bible study recently. It's on adorable paper and in a format she designed herself. It follows the Swedish Bible study method. You can watch a YouTube video explaining the Swedish Bible study method by clicking here.
4. I made this card for my niece's birthday. She was Audrey Hepburn last Halloween and she rocked it. This card screamed Audrey Hepburn to me. Maybe it's the black outfit and pearls combo. What ever it is, I love it enough to have taken a picture of it before I gave it to her. LOL
3. These are the Essential Oils I use most often. Peppermint is great for rubbing onto your temples when you have a headache. I have yet to use any over the counter meds for headaches since getting involved with Young Living Essential Oils. The other three oils shown are what I put into a tall glass of ice water -- hello metabolism boost! It helps keep my blood sugar level too. Seriously: the combination is a miracle in a glass of water. I also like to diffuse Theives essential oil to ward off sickness and to make the house smell yummy. I don't have a picture bc I tossed the bottle when I ran out of it a couple of weeks ago. I will be purchasing another bottle soon. I hope. Fingers crossed.
2. I have been learning a lot about forgiveness over the past two years. Just when I think I have a good handle on forgiving, something crops up and I am reminded that forgiveness is indeed a process. It certainly does not come naturally to me. I tend to hold onto things when someone hurts me -- just keepin' it real, dear reader. I am thankful for the forgiveness that Christ has shown me. How can I not extend that same forgiveness to someone else?
1. This is my girl, The Affectionate One (and the blogosphere says a collective, "Aw."). She is currently learning to play the ukelele. She and her "yuke" top my favorite things list. Love her. Love her yuke. Love that she is learning such a fun instrument. I hope that one day she will be confident enough to play for the Lord.
That's it! Please leave one or two (or ten) of your favorite things in the comments. Share the love!
Counting it all joy,