I am taking a lesson from Joanna at Bugs In My Teeth and posting "a funny" today. Some days you just need a laugh to get through.
It's day two of the snow day series here at the Jubilant household and we are all going a little bonkers. I didn't realize I had only one day's worth of emergency activities for snow days. Oops. And if I hear "I'm bored!" or "There's nothing to do!" one more time . . .
1. The roundest knight at king Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.
He acquired his size from too much pi.
2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island,
but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.
3. She was only a whisky maker,
but he loved her still.
4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because
it was a weapon of math disruption.
5. The butcher backed into the meat grinder
and got a little behind in his work.
6. No matter how much you push the envelope,
it'll still be stationery.
7. A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in
8. Two silk worms had a race.
They ended up in a tie.
9. Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
10. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
11. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger.
Then it hit me.
12. A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to a hospital.
When his grandmother telephoned to ask how he was,
a nurse said, 'No change yet.'
13. A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.
14. The short fortune-teller who escaped from prison was
a small medium at large.
15. The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now
a seasoned veteran.
16. A backward poet writes inverse.
17. In democracy it's your vote that counts.
In feudalism it's your count that votes.
(Thanks PaPaw for sending this to my inbox. I needed the laughs today!)