Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Works for me Wednesday
It's Works for me Wednesday over at Rocks in My Dryer and I have a tip to share!
I am lousy at memorizing Scripture. Perhaps I am lazy about finding time to do it more than the fact that it has become increasingly difficult. In any case to help combat my memorizing woes and instead of gazing at my neighbor's bricks and plastic blinds while I was doing dishes, I decided to put my time to better use. I wrote out Scripture on 3 x 5 cards and taped them to the window above my sink. That way I was reminded to memorize.
This was way more successful than my previous attempts at multitasking at the sink: doing leg lifts while peeling carrots. There's something about balancing with one leg stretching behind you that lends itself to peeling skin off of various fingers with kitchen utensils. I don't recommend this kind of multitasking! I'm just sayin'. The Scripture memorizing however has worked like a beaut. Works for me!
For more great tips click on over to Rocks in My Dryer.
I also wanted to add the Scriptures that really spoke to me today.
"1. My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
2. So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
3. Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
4. If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
5. Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.
6. For the LORD giveth wisdom; out of of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
7. He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
8. He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints.
9. Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.
10. When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto they soul;
11. Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:"
No commentary here. Let Scripture and the Holy Spirit speak to you instead of me; they do it much better than I ever could.