Friday, November 30, 2007
Seven Random Things
Jill @ The Diaper Diaries has tagged me to participate in an Meme. Thanks Jill!
Here are the rules.
*Link to the blog of the person who tagged you.
*Post these rules on your blog.
*List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself.
*Tag seven random [?] people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
*Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.
1. I have to give credit to Jill @ The Diaper Diaries for bringing this to light and letting me know that I am not the only person who suffers from a rare, little known condition called BHP. Bread Heel Phobia. Growing up we never ate the heels of bread. Shamefully wasteful, I know. And still to this day, it’s extremely difficult for me to choke down the heels. My kids eat them, my husband eats them. I just cannot – without large doses of medication containing codeine, that is.
2. I love organizing supplies and have multiple books about organization, but if you ask anyone that’s been to my house, I am the most unorganized person in the universe.
3. This may fall under the Too Much Information category, so if you are at all leery skip to #4. Still with me? I warned you. I have one toe that slightly overlaps another. My husband was quite queasy over this until our daughter was born and she had one toe that overlapped another. Evidently on her it was cute, on me, not so much. She grew out of her toe situation, sadly, I have not.
4. I have had dreams about appearing on American Idol and wowing the judges with my krazy, mad singing skilz – think Jennifer Hudson, people. I am not talking about daydreams, I meant the wake up from a deep sleep, rubbing your eyes and wondering: did-I-just-really-do-that-because-it-seemed-so-real kind of dream.
5. The president of my alma mater called me into his office my first day on campus. How did he know I was there already? He wanted to say "thank you" in person in return for my thank you letter to him when I was awarded a (incredibly small, but still helpful) scholarship. He probably regretted the decision when he got another letter from me after graduation. Another post for another time. Then again, that may fall into the Too Much Information category as well. Though not for the same reason that #3 falls into the TMI category.
6. I had a professor in college who once stated that “anyone with half a mind to write a book, usually does.” A clever statement that haunts me to this day because I’ve written two children’s books (and will probably write more). Both have yet to be published. I hope I haven’t proven that prof right.
7. It’s taken me over an hour to think of seven random things that I haven’t already written in my 100 countdown post. How sad is that?!
Hope you'll click on over to these fav. sites of mine to read their responses.
Tag, you’re it!
Dee Dee @ It Coulda Been Worse
Kelsey @ Holy Mama
Devon @ Mom’s Happy Handful
Amanda @ OhAmanda
Jeana @ Days To Come
Overwhelmed @Overwhelmed With Joy
Katrina @ Callapidder Days
Just as a reminder to support our troops: Are you wearing your Red today?